The H-1B visa is better suited for individuals seeking employment in the U.S., permanent residency and, potentially, citizenship. On the other hand, the J-1 visa is best for immigrants who desire to come to the U.S. for a short period to participate in a qualifying exchange visitor program. If you’re on a J-1 visa and wish to adjust your status, contact us today to speak about your case.