Bilingual Entry Level Legal Assistant/Paralegal
Garvish Immigration Law Group has an immediate opening for a Bilingual Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Spanish/English) with at least one year of actual experience as a paralegal; experience as an immigration paralegal is a plus.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, enjoys working in a team environment, and is an innovative problem solver. Attention to detail and ability to follow through in a timely manner with attorney requests is very important. The ideal candidate will have an Associates Degree and experience in an immigration law office.
- Handle forms, client contact, document management and research as requested by attorneys
- Gather and secure client information and documentation
- Prepare USCIS and other government forms for attorney review
- Liase with government agencies (DOl, USCIS, NVC) to troubleshoot as necessary
- Assist attorneys with various U.S. visa petitions (H-1B, E-1 and 2, TN, O-1, J, etc.)
- Perform basic legal research and maintain oversight of individual case loads
- Manage case tracking for clients in Docketwise
- Provide back-up (if needed) when support employees are absent.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual Spanish and English speaker
- Experience with USCIS procedures
- Computer literacy and experience with immigration software and proficiency with Google Workspace
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills and the ability to follow through on requests
- Ability to proactively anticipate next steps in matters
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and ability to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands
To apply to this position, please send your resume to our Director of Operations, Cathy Cooper, at email@example.com.
We strive to be the happiest law firm in America and that means our team of professionals and staff is happy and fulfilled and feels seen, empowered and trusted to serve our clients. When our team is happy, our entire firm is filled with joy and when we lead and produce and communicate with joy and happiness, our clients feel it too and they are happy. It is like a chain reaction. A happy team leads to a happy firm which leads to happy clients!
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Your Trusted Guide to the American Dream®