H-1B1 specialty occupations are very similar to H-1B specialty occupations. The occupation your company is hiring for must be “highly specialized” and require a bachelor’s degree or higher in a specific specialty. The role must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Minimum entry-level requirements of a bachelor’s degree, its equivalency, or a higher degree
- There are some exceptions to the 4-year degree requirement, such as Chileans who are physical therapists and agricultural managers do not need a degree.
- Most other similar positions in the industry also require a B.S.
- The H-1B1 sponsor typically requires a B.S. degree for the role
- The specific role is so unique or complex that it requires the knowledge attained from a Bachelor’s degree (i.e., program analyst, network engineer, accountant, etc.)