Although an E-2 visa doesn’t allow for permanent residency, there are countless other benefits to holding an E-2 treaty investor visa in the U.S. They include but are not limited to:
- The ability to stay in the U.S. indefinitely (pending an extension approval every two years).
- E-2 visa holders can travel in and out of the U.S. as much as they would like.
- Children (under 21) of E-2 visa holders can attend any accredited institution of higher education in the U.S.
- Spouses of E-2 visa holders can apply for a temporary work permit or an employment authorization document (EAD).
- There are no minimum investment requirements. However, investors must invest “substantial” capital to qualify.