Spouses and unmarried children (below the age of 21 years) of the H-1B1 visa holder are eligible for H4 dependent visas, however, these do not allow them to work in the U.S.

Dependents of the principal visa holder may enroll themselves into academic studies (school or university) without the need for a student visa. 

Dependents who are not Singaporean or Chilean are encouraged to apply for their visas at the same time as the principal application, regardless of whether they have plans to travel to the United States. 

If the H-1B1 visa holder is not present for the application of their non-Singaporean or non-Chilean spouse and children, their dependents may be asked to apply in their home country.