Nadia Deans Kalata is a Senior Associate and Lead Attorney at Garvish Immigration Law Group, LLC in Atlanta, Georgia. Born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica, Nadia developed her passion for immigration law through her own personal experience with the immigration process in the United States. As a result, she has a unique perspective and understanding of her clients’ concerns and the challenges they face when dealing with the U.S. immigration system. Nadia has over fifteen years of experience in corporate immigration. Over the years, she has developed her expertise in assisting local, national, and international companies in securing global talent through intracompany transferee (L-1), specialty occupation (H-1B), and treaty investor (E-2) visas. She also assists individual clients in obtaining non-immigrant status as well as lawful permanent residence in the U.S. through employment and family-based petitions.
Nadia enjoys anything that involves other cultures, especially food and travel. This isn’t surprising considering her multi-cultural background. She also has a green belt in karate and loves spending time with her family.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law (2006)
- B.A., Ohio Wesleyan University, cum laude (2003)
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Georgia-Alabama Chapter
- Young Lawyers Division (State Bar of Georgia)
- Emory International Law Review(2004-2006); Managing Editor (2005-2006)
- Emory Law School: Member of the Black Law Student Association and International Law Society (2003 – 2006)
- “Tragedy of Humanity: The Issue of Intervention in the Darfur Crisis,” Emory International Law Review, vol. 19 (Fall 2005)
- E-1/E-2 Overview – Business Immigration Law CLE – State Bar of Georgia (2019)
- Fundamentals of Naturalization – Family Immigration Law (CLE) – State Bar of Georgia (2016)
- Overview of Employment-based Immigration Law – Young Lawyers Division Labor and Employment Committee – State Bar of Georgia (2013)
Admitted to Practice